Report flood damaged farms: LLS

Local Land Services will be assessing agricultural flood damage as a result of significant rainfall recorded across the region over recent weeks. 

Central West Local Land Services,  customer service staff are available to receive individual damage reports.

Young is positioned on the border of the Central West Local Land Services and Riverina Local Land Services.

Farmers towards Bendick Murrell, Grenfell and Bimbi are part of the Central West Local Land Services region.

Flooding has been prominent in many of these areas over the past month with Bendick Murrell especially impacted.

Paddocks were again underway between Bendick Murrell and Young on Monday morning after more than 25mm of rain in the 24 hour period up until 9am yesterday morning.

Farmers who are located in the Central West Local Land Services region are encouraged to call 1300 795 299, email or contact their nearest Local Land Services office to report agricultural losses including fencing, crops and stranded, injured or deceased livestock.

Local Land Services will collate the information reported by farmers into an Agricultural Natural Disaster Report for the Department of Primary Industries which will assist in assessing the extent and nature of damage and also in the allocation of resources over the coming days and weeks.

With further rainfall forecast in the region over the next week, producers are advised to prepare and plan now, particularly with regards to livestock safety.

Actions to take include:

move stock to higher ground away from known flood prone areas;

where possible, ensure these areas won’t be cut off from access;

if access may be cut ensure there is sufficient fodder available on site to sustain stock for an extended period;

ensure fodder supplies/ storage is accessible;

avoid having to do anything with stock in water.

While producers are encouraged to contact their nearest Local Land Services office to report agricultural losses, any immediate calls for assistance should be directed to the State Emergency Service on 132 500.

Tablet - Narrow
Tablet - Wide