Emergency services responded to a 3.30am distress call after a house fire at a Moppity Road residence last Saturday morning.
The 32 year old resident woke at approximately 1.15am to the smell of burning plastic.
He immediately left the premises and contacted his brother at a neighbouring residence.
The brother contacted emergency services.
Fire and Rescue and Police attended with the house receiving minor fire and smoke damage.
Occupants of a silver Ford Falcon sedan were lucky to escape serious injury when the vehicle crossed to the wrong side of the road before travelling down an embankment last Friday.
At approximately 3.30pm, emergency services were called to the scene of the accident on Milvale Road.
Paramedics treated the driver and the passenger at the scene with no major injuries received.
The vehicle was required to be towed from the scene.
Sign up for our newsletter to stay up to date.