Program of Events
Wednesday, March 21
- 7pm Offical opening sculpture, wood and big art exhibition. Town Hall, call 6382 3268. Open Thursday and Friday from 9.30am-4.30pm.
Friday, March 23
- 12.30pm - 1pm Yarn and poem with master storyteller Ted Webber. Young Library, call 6382 1886.
Saturday, March 24
Fun All Day
- 9am-1pm Browse Young’s Central Business District. Boorowa Street.
- 10am-10.30am George Moohong Plaque Blessing. Young Cemetery, access from the Lawn Cemetery on Thornhill Street. cALL 6382 4045.
- 10am-9pm Folk museum. See the original Lambing Flat banner and other historic artefacts from Young’s past at the Museum. Call 6382 2248.
- 10am-1pm Millard’s centre market, Millard’s Centre, call 6282 1231.
- 10.30am-12noon Chinese music by David and Eva. Town Hall Foyer.
- 11am-4pm Young and District Family History Group. Family History group rooms, call 6382 4045.
Eat Street All Afternoon
- 3pm-9pm Eat Street, Boorowa Street.
- 3pm-9pm Artisan and Boutique Markets, Millard’s Centre. Call 6282 1231.
- 3pm-9pm Gold Commissioners tenet, Boorowa Street.
- 3pm-9pm Colourful Lantern display, Boorowa Street.
- 3pm-9pm Amusements, Boorowa Street.
First Performance, Boorowa Street
- 3pm Australian Yau Kung Mun Association Lion Dancers.
- 3.30pm Chinese Music by David and Eva.
- 3.50pm Gold Trails re-enactment performance.
- 4pm Acknowledgement to Country and Offical opening of the Lambing Flat Chinese Festival.
- 4.30pm Australian Yau Kung Mun Association Lion Dancers.
- 5.30pm Gold Trails re-enactment performance.
- 5.30pm Future Faces.
- 6.30pm Philippines performance.
- 7.30pm Lantern Parade with Australian Yau Kung Mun Association Lion Dancers, Anderson Park to Boorowa Street.
- 8pm Australian Yau Kung Mun Association Lion Dancers.
- 8pm Chinese Music by David and Eva.
- 9pm Event concludes
Sunday, March 25
- 9.3am-3pm Lambing Flat Sculpture, Wood and Big Art Exhibition. Town Hall. Call 6382 3268.
This year the festival will welcome its inaugural guest nation program with the first nation to take part being The Philippines.