The 147th Annual Young Show will kick off this Sunday with plenty of fun for everyone in the whole community.
The Young Show Society committee and its volunteers have been working tirelessly in preparation for the event and will be spending Friday and Saturday setting up in the pavilions as well as displays all around the showground.
For 147 years the Young Show has been displaying the best of the town and the entire area with cooking, craft, art, livestock, horses, tractors, engines and so much more put on exhibition for both locals and visitors to take in and be impressed by.
Local school children are able to see their artwork, handwriting and stories all hanging on display and proudly show their family their talents.
Anyone wishing to purchase tickets for the show or who would like to become a Young Show Society member can do so by calling into the old bank building on the corner of Boorowa and Lynch Streets - just look for the big banners flying out the front.
"It's not something we've been working on in the last week, it takes months," president of the Young Pastoral and Agricultural Association, Sam Reynolds said. "I want to thank the whole committee for their hard work, we've been tirelessly working on it, as the executive committee, we talk daily at the moment and have been for probably a month or more trying to get it organised.
"It's really reassuring to see it get supported and ensures that we can put it on again next year and hopefully bigger and better," Sam said.
"There's going to be something for everyone."
The Young Show starts on Sunday morning.
147th Annual Young Show program of events
- 8am Gates open
- 8.30am Prime Lamb Competition
- 9am Main pavilion open; Gymkhana starts, Poultry pavilion opens; Showmen's guild area opens
- 9.30am Main stage entertainment begins; Tractor pull events starts; Antique engine display; Sheep dog trial demo
- 10am Family tent/face painting opens; Cattle Show; Animal Nursery; Reptile show; Dog sled demoSheep stud displays; Truck and car show;Woodchop demo
- 10.30am Bucking Bull
- 11am Sheep shearing demo; lamb judging
- 11.30am Team Sorting demo
- 12pm Prime lamb auction
- 1pm Grand parade
- 1.30pm Official opening of show
- 2pm Tiny Tots and Junior Showgirl and Boy
- 2.30pm Presentation of 2019 Showgirl on the main stage
- 4pm Team Sorting finals; Family tent finishes for the day
- 5pm NSW Fire Brigade demo in the main arena
- 6-8pm entertainment on the main stage and entertainment area
- 7.15pm Fireworks spectacular on the main arena