Hilltops Council have implemented level one water restrictions in Harden and Young.
Council released a statement on Monday saying restrictions are necessary to manage continuity of water supply due to low rainfall in the catchment area and a dry outlook with the majority of the state in drought.
"These restrictions are aimed at maintaining water supply coming into summer faced with an extremely dry outlook," Hilltops Mayor Brian Ingram said.
Residents are still able to water their lawns and gardens between 6am-9am or 6pm-9pm.
Further information, as well as tips for saving water are available on council's website
- Watering of gardens: 6am-9am or 6pm-9pm daily
- Irrigation of new turf: Up to one week after laying
- Washing down walls or paved surfaces: Not permitted
- Topping up private swimming pools/spas: As needed
- Washing cars: Allowed with bucket and rinsed with trigger hose on lawn
- Use of evaporative air conditioners: As needed
READ ALSO:Photos from the festival
READ ALSO: Students Bust the Dust
HAVE YOUR SAY: