Multi-awarded poet, speaker and entertainer Robyn Sykes who will perform this Friday at the Young library from 12.30pm to 1pm.
Robyn, a product of Murrumburrah Public School, writes and performs Australian poetry and will offer a tantalising trip through versatile verse, with a liberal sprinkling of original work. Lots of laughs, plus poems to warm your heart, make you think, and laugh some more.
Lambing Flat Chinese Festival
The 2020 Lambing Flat Chinese Festival will be conducted this year in Anderson Park on Saturday, March 21. Now in its sixth year, the festival is aligned with Harmony Day and celebrates Australian and Chinese culture.
The Hilltops region will host two Destination Southern NSW industry workshops in February and March. This month's digital marketing 101 workshop has a date change to Thursday, February 19 at Grove Estate. Register at eventbrite.com
Carnival of Cups
The 2020 Carnival of Cups meeting will be held on Friday, March 13 at the Young Paceway. This will be the Young Harness Racing Club's biggest meeting of the year with some of the best horses in NSW taking part. There will be many attractions and entertainment on-course together with the usual food and drink outlets operating.
International Women's Day
The prestigious International Women's Day event held annually in Boorowa is scheduled for Sunday, March 8. This year the theme is 'I am Generation Equality: Realising Women's Rights' which aligns with the UN Women's new multi-generational campaign. Speakers include nutritional biochemist Dr Libby Weaves and inspirational couple Peter and Suzanne O'Keefe.
- Ongoing: Young Society of Artists' Exhibition "Grandma has a Studio" Burrangong Art Gallery at Young Visitor Information Centre. Open seven days free entry.
- February 15: Young Farmers Market, Anderson Park, 9am to 1pm.
- February 16: Handmade in Harden Murrumburrah Community Markets, Murrumburrah Courthouse, 9am to 2pm, for details phone 0402 418 252
- February 22: Boorowa Makers and Growers Community Market, Old Court House Grounds, Boorowa, 9am to 2pm. More information phone 0428 622 755.
- February 23: Bush Poetry at the Young Hotel, 1.30pm to 4.30pm, All welcome.
- February 29: Young and Region Farmers Market, Anderson Park, 9am to 1pm.
- February 29: Wombat Hotel Social Group Cricket Match and Charity Auction, Wagenbah Oval from 4pm and Wombat Pub. All welcome.