The popular local group Counterpoint, now reformed as Wickham Lane will perform this Friday at the Take 5 on Friday concert series at Hilltops Library, Young branch.
It's a first Take 5 outing for the vocal harmony group, comprising Julie and Peter O'Connor, Eris Gleeson, Lindel and John Roxburg and Peter Roberts.
It's a rare opportunity to enjoy the melodies of these experienced performers. They sing in four-part harmonies with an acapella flavour and present a variety of music from Celtic and Irish through to funky pop rock, Lennon and McCartney and operatic musicals. Begins 12.30pm to 1pm.
Programs out for Lambing Flat Festival
To assist you in planning, programs for the Lambing Flat Chinese Festival, scheduled for March 21, are now available. This year the festival features evening events including traditional Wiradjuri dance by Ballowrie-Bummana, prosperous mountain lion dances, the ANU Classical Chinese Ensemble, canon firing display, Future Faces schools performances and the twilight lantern parade.
All day activities comprise the fabulous Lambing Flat Sculpture, Wood and Big Art Exhibition in Young Town Hall, the Lambing Flat Folk Museum exhibition, Young and region farmers narkets, Millard Centre markets and free lantern making workshops at Young library.
This year the festival centres on Anderson Park.
Antique and Vintage Linen Display
St John's Anglican Church Young members are once again supporting the community by holding an event coinciding with the Lambing Flat Chinese Festival on March 21. This year St John's will hold an Antique and Vintage Linen Display at the parish hall from 10am. Cost is $10 and there will be morning and afternoon tea served. Another attraction for festival day.
With Easter fast approaching now is a good time to request some input from local businesses about their availability during the holiday season. In order for us to best serve the visitors to the region over this period, please let us know your Easter holiday opening hours during this time. Whether you are a tourism business, café, pub, bakery, restaurant or supermarket, we'd like to hear from you. Give us a ring on 1800 628 233 or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org Many thanks in anticipation.
- Ongoing: Young Society of Artists' Exhibition "Grandma has a Studio" Burrangong Art Gallery at Young Visitor Information Centre. Open seven days, free entry.
- March 14: Uniting Church Markets, Uniting Church hall and grounds, 8am to lunchtime.
- March 15: Handmade in Harden Murrumburrah Community Markets, Old Court House Grounds, 9am to 2pm, more details 0402 418 252.
- March 21: Lambing Flat Chinese Festival, Anderson Park, see program for details.
- March 21: Millard Centre Markets, Anderson Park, 10am to 1pm.
- March 21: Young and Region Farmers Market, Anderson Park, 9am to 1pm.