AUSTRALIAN VACCINATION NUMBERS:
* There have been 55,716,641 vaccine doses administered in the national COVID-19 rollout up to Sunday, including 36,546 recorded in the previous 24 hours.
* Of that total, 35,173,309 have been administered by commonwealth facilities, an increase of 15,714 in the previous 24 hours.
* State and territory facilities have administered 20,543,332 vaccines, an increase of 20,832 in the previous 24 hours.
* More than 95 per cent of people aged 16 and over have had at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine and 94.9 per cent are double vaccinated.
* A total of 12,497,152 people have received more than two doses - with a booster or top-up shot - an increase of 12,706 in the previous 24 hours.
AUSTRALIAN CORONAVIRUS NUMBERS:
* 39,768 new cases: 14,970 in NSW, 7531 in Victoria, 6206 in Queensland, 5566 in Western Australia, 3121 in South Australia, 1304 in Tasmania, 898 in the ACT and 172 in the Northern Territory.
* The national death toll is 5736 (+six): NSW 2027 (+four), Victoria 2675, Queensland 685 (+two), South Australia 234, ACT 38, NT 31, Tasmania 27 and WA 21. (Two Queensland residents who died in NSW have been included in the official tolls of both states).
GLOBAL CORONAVIRUS NUMBERS:
* Cases: at least 470,737,875
* Deaths: at least 6,077,531
* Vaccine doses administered: 10,795,388,938
Data current as at 1645 AEDT on March 21, taking in federal and state/territory government updates and Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Centre figures.
Australian Associated Press
Sign up for our newsletter to stay up to date.