Two fined for drug offences

Melanie Jane Frost of Boyd Street, Young was convicted and fined $200 in Young Local Court for possession of a prohibited drug.

The 30-year-old mother plead guilty to the charge on October 17 in front of Magistrate Michael O’Brien.

According to the police facts submitted to the court Frost was arrested on September 21, 2017 after she and her partner were caught with cannabis on a train near Gosford on the Central Coast. Police were patrolling the train between Gosford and Woy Woy when they noticed the smell of cannabis coming from near Frost and her partner. Police spoke to the pair when Frost admitted to smoking cannabis earlier in the day. Both admitted to being regular cannabis users before police searched Frost’s partner and found a small amount of cannabis in his jeans pocket. When the train arrived at Woy Woy the pair were searched and recorded on the officers body worn video. Frost identified a back pack and its contents as being hers. She told the officers that there was an ICE pipe in the backpack that she had used over the weekend. Police found the pipe and found a bag with more cannabis. Frost was placed under arrest and admitted the cannabis was left over from the weekend when her cousin – who she didn’t wish to name – left it for her. According to police there was three grams of cannabis in the bag found in the back pack.

Truck driver fined for doing ‘gooey’

Andrew Phillip LePoidevin of Old Monteagle Road, Young was convicted, fined and disqualified from driving by Magistrate Michael O’Brien for driving with a drug present in his system. The 52-year-old from Young plead guilty in Young Local Court on July 12, 2017 before he attended the PCYC Traffic Offenders Program. Magistrate O’Brien fined LePoidevin $200 and disqualified him from driving for three months after he was found to have meth in his system on April 8, 2017. According to police facts tendered to the court the Kenworth semi-trailer LePoidevin was driving was pulled over on Milvale Road and LePoidevin was breath tested. After returning a negative result he was then given a roadside drug test which produced a positive detection to meth. LePoidevin was arrested for the purpose of a secondary test at Young Police Station. He was questioned by police before he returned a second positive result to meth. When asked about taking drugs he said, “I had some gooey last night.”