Pre-polling for the 2019 NSW State Election has commenced in Young with pre-polling opening on Monday March 12.
Locals will be heading to the polls on Saturday March 23, 2019, but for those who will be travelling, working or unable to make it to a polling place on the day can vote in the election now by either attending an early voting centre or for those eligible by using iVote.
In the seat of Cootamundra early voting centres are located at:
Young: Young Town Hall - 205 Boorowa Street, Young
Cootamundra: Cootamundra Library: Stephen Ward Rooms - Wallendoon Street, Cootamundra
Cowra: St Peter's Presbyterian Church - 50 Macquarie Street, Cowra
Temora: Cootamundra Election Manager's Office - 5/244 Hoskins Street, Temora
Junee: Junee Library - 92 Lorne Street, Junee
Narrandera: Narrandera Emergency Operations Centre - 19 Twynam Street, Narrandera
West Wyalong: West Wyalong Community Centre - 89-91 Main Street West Wyalong
To be eligible to use iVote residents need to:
- live more than 20 kilometres, by the nearest practicable route, of a voting centre.
- cannot read or write and unable to vote without assistance.
- have a disability (within the meaning of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977) and because of that disability, have difficulty voting at a voting centre or are unable to vote without assistance.
- a silent elector.
- will be interstate throughout the hours of voting on election day.
- will be overseas throughout the hours of voting on election day.
- a person who is blind or has low vision so are unable to vote without assistance.
To use iVote eligible residents must apply by March 23, 2019 at 1pm to use it and can do so by going to https://registration.ivote.nsw.gov.au/ or by calling 1300 2 iVote (1300 24 86 83).
Anyone applying for iVote please have your Driver Licence, Passport or Medicare Card ready.
Postal voting applications opened on February 11 with postal ballots to be sent to those who were successful in their application receiving their ballots from Tuesday March 12, 2019.
Applications to take part in postal voting will close at 6pm on Monday March 18, 2019.
On election day (Saturday March 23) voters will be able to cast their ballots in Young at:
- Young Public School - Bruce Street, Young
- Young Town Hall - 187 Boorowa Street, Young
- Young North Public School - 50 William Street, Young
Locals are reminded that it is a legal offence to not vote.
READ ALSO: Suspended driver caught in Boorowa
READ ALSO: Police seek dash cam footage